Prev: Re: [SG] ESU Spentznaz- now hurtling OT Next: Re: [SG] ESU Spentznaz- now hurtling OT

Re: [FT] back to fighters

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 07:52:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] back to fighters

One of the PSB's for the "PDS fires on all groups" idea does not care
whether the fighters come in waves or all at once. It is the
interpretation of PDS as being an "all around the ship" defense that
fills the nearspace of the ship with BB's, AF particle beams, an "energy

drain field" or whatever you want. Any fighter coming in any time could
not avoid this envelope because it is larger than the attack envelope of

the fighter.

RE: Interceptors, I'm not necessarily for making interceptors stronger,
but I don't see why you couldn't split interceptor groups into say half
size and have each half take on an enemy fighter group. True, the
interceptors would likely get wiped out that much quicker, but they
would delay/damage twice as many groups. If delaying action were all
that were needed, split them into pairs of leads/wingmen. Each
interceptor pair gets to engage an entire non-interceptor FG in a
dogfight.

Prev: Re: [SG] ESU Spentznaz- now hurtling OT Next: Re: [SG] ESU Spentznaz- now hurtling OT