Prev: Re: [FT] back to fighters Next: Re: Kitbashing a BDN

Re: FT: waves of fighters

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:46:17 EDT
Subject: Re: FT: waves of fighters

I first suggested using waves of fighter attacks, but in groups
of 2 or 3.  3 might be better since the main FB "carriers" have 6
groups so they could have 2 waves of fighters.	Against the
FB ships with their low amount of PDS (I'd have added about 1-2
more to each) the wave tactic doesn't hurt fighters much,
but would hurt the swarms of fighter groups that people
are trying to change the rules for.  Swarms will stick kill
ships but be far more costly in fighter losses and so second
attacks won't be as deadly.

Scatterguns won't be as effective as PDS vs waves, but then I think
scatterguns are too cheap compared to PDS.

Prev: Re: [FT] back to fighters Next: Re: Kitbashing a BDN