Prev: Re: GMS with GPS on planets with no GPS Next: Re: other GMS types

Re: Fighters options please

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 02:17:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters options please

Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> On Thursday, May 09, 2002 10:12 AM, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
> [SMTP:Beth.Fulton@csiro.au] wrote:
>
>>I've been way busy at work so haven't been able to keep up with the
>>
> thread,
>
>>could somebody please list the various alternatives thrown out so I
can

> try
>
>>them out and see if Ryan's comment holds out (after two weeks of
>>
> deciphering
>
>>someone else's undocumented/unreadable c I feel a BIG gaming session
>>
> coming
>
>>on...)
>>

> Very heavy signal/noise ratio on this one.
>
>>From what I've been able to decipher so far:
>
> 1. let PDS attack every squadron that attacks.
> 2. increase the points and mass up the wazoo.
> 3. let class-2 and above take pot shots at any range
> 4. adjust the effectiveness of PDS to close to scatterpack results
> 5. shoot whoever started the thread.
> 6. reduce the endurance of fighters
>
> I probably missed a few in all the noise.
>
> Brendan

Out of curiosity, what effect would allowing "wasted kills" from
successful PDS
attacks to carry over to other squadrons attacking  the ship?  Has the
advantage
of eliminating the time spent designating which PDS will fire at which
squadron
and such.  Just roll you PDS dice, total up the kills, and remove that
many
fighters, then resolve their attacks.

--

Prev: Re: GMS with GPS on planets with no GPS Next: Re: other GMS types