Prev: RE: [SG] Squidly things Next: Re: GMS with GPS on planets with no GPS

RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:27:03 +1000
Subject: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

G'day,

A couple of things

1.
> Putting out your opinion doesn't
> mean much unless you are either capable of enforcing
> it, or you have so much prestige that your decrees are
> obeyed by a significant fraction of the population
> regardless.  The Pope had neither in this case.

There are cases of people ignoring bans all the time... witness cinemas
in
Australia ignoring the recent ban on a French movie I can't remember the
name of (no that's not an invitation for someone to start a thread on
its
real name ;) ;P).

2.
> Had the Syrian penetrated to Heights, there
> is no question in anyone's mind that Damascus would
> have exploded in a radioactive cloud.

PLEASE answer the following question OFFLIST!!! And preferably without
the
use of acronyms ;)

When a military is about to throw nuclear (etc) weapons around do they
even
think about the potential it has to spread beyond where they want it to
go?
I would've though given the vagaries of weather and aquifers that anyone
lobbing those kind of weapons around in such a small area was asking for
trouble when it came to being caught in the side-effects.

Cheers

Prev: RE: [SG] Squidly things Next: Re: GMS with GPS on planets with no GPS