Prev: RE: [SG] GMS variants (NO ITS NOT MORE VACC-HEAD STUFF) Next: RE: [FT] back to fighters

GMS with GPS on planets with no GPS

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:12:50 +1200
Subject: GMS with GPS on planets with no GPS

Beth wrote:
> > They'd be launched with maybe a GPS targeting solution...

> What happens on planets with no GPS? How quickly would GPS be set up?

I'd suggest that one needs global space superiority to put in a GPS
satellite constellation around a new planet. Probably a week or two, if
one
has the necessary satellites, in my opinion.

Other wise, one could do it with local/overhead space superiority, by
emiting GPS signals from orbiting space transports. Perhaps military
transports would have GPS transmitters on board? Almost certainly
encrypted
transmissions.

I'd think that a GPS satellite would be relatively small, perhaps
equivalent
to a size one vehicle for DS2, and needing equivalent room in a
transport.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: RE: [SG] GMS variants (NO ITS NOT MORE VACC-HEAD STUFF) Next: RE: [FT] back to fighters