Prev: RE: [FT] MKW fighter slaughter Next: Re: [FT] MKW fighter slaughter

[FT] Modified Fighter Endurance

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:50:34 +1000
Subject: [FT] Modified Fighter Endurance

On Friday, May 10, 2002 7:41 AM, Brian Bilderback
[SMTP:bbilderback@hotmail.com] wrote:
> >But what about the rule that the 'carrier' (the BDN/SDN in this case)
can
> >not use thrust when launching or recovering fighters?  I don't think
it
has
> >been removed but no rulebooks handy at the moment.
> Good point.  How about this:	If the ship expends thrust, the fighters
must
> expend endurance to land.  If they don't, no endurance for landing is
> required.

Expanding on the idea:

*****
Endurance:
All squadrons have 6 endurance (long range have 9)

Zero Endurance:
 - Dogfight, resolving attack LAST (after casualties)

One Endurance:
 - Burning for extra 12" move
 - Dogfight
 - Antiship Attacks: 1-5 = miss, 6 = 1 point + reroll (Aces can still
needle
attack).
 - Landing on a manoeuvering carrier (ship not going 0+0 MD)

Three Endurance:
 - Antiship Attacks using full guns: 1-3 = miss, 4-5 = 1 point, 6 = 2
points
+ reroll (Aces can still needle attack).
 - Special Attacks: Torpedos or Attack Fighters.

Five Endurance:
 - Squadron Needle Attack: 1-4 = miss, 5 = 1 point, 6 = 1 point + system
damaged (but repairable).

*****
You'll usually get one good antiship attack in before returning to the
carrier, but you can still use up any left over endurance if you have
fighter superiority even without any ordinance left.
If you need to burn through an enemy screen, fighters screening other
fighters would probably need to be used so you can get those torp
fighters
into the attack.

Threw in the needlebeams for a comparison.

Brendan

Prev: RE: [FT] MKW fighter slaughter Next: Re: [FT] MKW fighter slaughter