Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: Fighters options please

RE: Fighters options please

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 14:27:46 -0600
Subject: RE: Fighters options please

Perhaps not.  The main strategy is still going to be first strike.  You
mass enough fighters in the first wave as combat air patrol (CAP) to
take down all or part of the anti-fighter defenses - either the
dedicated PDS ships or the defending fighters.	If the defenses are
integrated, you simply attack the biggest threat and work your way down
the threat ladder.  The current problem is that most equal point fleets
can't stop that first wave from getting in and killing something.  It's
kinda moot that his fighters are empty if he has already wiped all your
big guns off the table.  In addition, the CAP may already be on it's way
back to re-arm and re-fuel and will be waiting for you at the carrier
when your remaining escort ships show up.

As the adage goes - the best defense is a good offense.

--Binhan