Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: Re: [OT] Explosives question

Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 02:25:56 -0700
Subject: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 9:53 PM

> FB ships can defeat custom designs in a duel; it's been proven.
>
> http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/webgames/guns1/index.htm

Er... not to put too fine a point on it, I wouldn't use that custom job
transport prisoners of war, much less fight a battle.  Remember those
three
points I gave on what's wrong with the FB1 ships?  "Trial By Combat"
makes
the two biggest of those errors even worse than _any_ of the FB1 ships
do --
it has no appreciable fighter defense at all, and it devotes a
staggering -80%- (!) of its mass to non-weapons systems.  As a result,
even
at its _favored_ range and arcs, it's still only bringing 3 pulse
torpedoes
and 18 dice of beams, which is _catastrophically_ weak for a ship that
size.

Not too shockingly, it lost the battle.  Go figure.

Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: Re: [OT] Explosives question