Prev: RE: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen) Next: RE: [FT] Carriers & Fighter Capacity

RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 14:55:48 +1000
Subject: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

On Tuesday, May 07, 2002 3:05 AM, B Lin [SMTP:lin@rxkinetix.com] wrote:
> From a previous post of mine reagarding DBM's setup with some general
ideas on how to implement in FT:

> The interesting parts of this set-up:
> 1) Each player has some say in the terrain to be used -
> 2) Ambushes and flank attacks -
> 3) Commands - in DBM an army is demoralised if enough commanders are
killed.  Fleets should have Flag Ships where the Admiral or Commander is
located, and loss of said ship should cause either a morale check or
some
sort of disruption as the Flag is passed to the next ship in line.  This
might require that a very powerful ship is held out of the line of
battle to
keep the Admiral safe.
> 4) Supply -

Interestingly, I addressed points 1, 3 & 4 in my current campaign rules.
And point 2 can occur when using a GM for your campaign to really screw
things over.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

Prev: RE: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen) Next: RE: [FT] Carriers & Fighter Capacity