Prev: Re: RAID! Next: Re: FTJava - Computer moderated Full Thrust PBeM server and client

Re: [OT] Explosives question

From: WJAL21@a...
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:40:17 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] Explosives question

richardkirke@hotmail.com writes:

> Speaking as someone who has had to search cars EVERY day for a few
years(my
> father is British Army officer, so when Ireland was at its worst we
had to
> check the car). The wheel arches were one of the places that we were
> instructed to check (also underneath).

Those are the good places for blowing up the driver of the car, where
terrorists put their boobytraps. As someone else said those kind of
search's
are mostly windowdressing to deter the stupid. If you stop and think for
few minutes there are hundreds of ways to sneak explosives past a basic
search, and the serious terrorist has probably spent years working out
all
sorts of ingenious methods.

Prev: Re: RAID! Next: Re: FTJava - Computer moderated Full Thrust PBeM server and client