Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: Re: [OT] Explosives question

Re: [FMA] Full Metal Azathoth (was Re: '20s Boats....)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 09:07:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [FMA] Full Metal Azathoth (was Re: '20s Boats....)

On Tue, 7 May 2002 17:31:23 -0400 (EDT), "John Crimmins"
<johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:

>You are a mad genius, and I salute you for it.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me on the list!

>I've got the lead guy assembled.  Took damn near an entire tube of
epoxy, too.  Although
>the resultant "drippy" look is actually rather appropriate.  Painted up
nicely.

In assembling the Cthulhu, I used super glue. Not the regular stuff,
though,
but the gel stuff. And I used a super glue accelerator. It worked really
well.
The weird part was when I was assembling his body, and with the sheer
amount
of super glue used, coupled with the accelerator, the stomache of the
Cthulhu
got hot! Well, pretty darned warm anyway. It has something to do with
the
catalytic reaction between cyanoacrylite and the accelerators (I have
heard
before of people getting burns from super glue on their fingers after
getting
zip kicker or other products on them). I was beginning to fear he was
coming
alive.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator

Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: Re: [OT] Explosives question