Prev: RE: Re: Fighters [warning bloody rant] Next: Re: [OT] Explosives question

Re: Fighters

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 00:16:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters

At 8:34 PM -0400 5/7/02, Laserlight wrote:
>Ryan said:
>>  The randomized ship entry rules would fix that. I'd like the ability
>>  to hold a third of my task force in reserve and have it enter a
>>  random side or chosen side X turns from now. That would make those
>>  soap bubbles think twice about hugging the table edge.
>
>I come on the table with all fighters deployed, turn one.  I FTL out,
>turn 2 during movement.  Six hours later, I come back to a
>predetermined rally point.
>
>Of course, if you have "burn a CEF for each turn fighters are
>deployed" then this becomes a less viable tactic.

Depending on the position of my ships and the amount of Delta Vee
that I have on tap, I'll either FTL out if the ROE allow it or I'll
thrust away from the fighters until I've got more Vee than they have
with a combined move.

Mind you this kind of tactic leaves one with the presumtion there are
other places where forces are as well (rather than "other space,
being the alternate reality next to the player's ssds and in the
fig's box).

If I can FTL after your carriers then I'll do so. A Complement of
Fast cruisers would do so as well. This is how the New Isrealies
would deal with the IF is it not? Hunt down the Tugs/Carriers?
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |
	| O--=-  |	       |	   |
    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo

Prev: RE: Re: Fighters [warning bloody rant] Next: Re: [OT] Explosives question