Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

RE: [OT] Explosives question

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:06:05 -0700
Subject: RE: [OT] Explosives question

RE: Spotting Sailors

What is a Sailor?

A wolf in Ship's clothing...

Michael Brown

-----Original Message-----
From:	Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
Sent:	Tuesday, May 07, 2002 4:25 PM
To:	gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject:	[OT] Explosives question

G'day guys,

Was watching some US Marines (either that or they were sailors in
camo...
which I doubted would be right) bomb check a bus this morning as I was
going
to work (US carrier is in town). They went over the thing with a fine
tooth
comb, but didn't check where the wheels sit (I've now seen this two days
running). Why? Can't you sit an explosive there?

By the way credit, where credit is due - the US sure know how to beef up
security. Every other time a US sub/carrier/cruiser etc has been in town
its
been a party atmosphere. This time I've seen more police in town than I
thought Tasmania had and been through more security sweeps (our lab sits
next to where the sailors come ashore) than the entire summer I worked
at
Australia's nuclear reactor site! I also noticed that all the officers
aren't wearing their uniform ashore this time... though to be honest you
can
still pick them a mile off.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters