Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen) Next: RE: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

RE: [FT]Weapons vs. other stuff

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:30:54 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]Weapons vs. other stuff

Karl Heinz said:
>Under which circumstances and playing styles do Eric's comments apply ?
> Would vector or cinematic games favour different
> weapon/protection/thrust balances ? How about open/closed tables ?
> Fast movers compared to sit and turn tactics.
> How do others see this arguments ?

On a static table, high speed is not as important.  In vector, high
speed is *much* less important, as you can always turn to face your
target.  Vector also lets you focus on narrow arc weapons--eg B3,
B4--because you don't really need much arc to be able to hit your target
unless they're quite close.  Beth and I and a couple others have a
playtest game coming up Real Soon Now (been pending for about 18 months
IIRC) to prove this point.

Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen) Next: RE: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)