Prev: Re: '20s boats - was Re: DLD's latest conniving plan.... Next: Re: FT Tsushima (was Re: Fighters)

RE: FT Tsushima (was Re: Fighters)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 14:14:39 -0400
Subject: RE: FT Tsushima (was Re: Fighters)

Allan said:
>I've been working on it, actually, for a number of years. I've stalled
out on it right now. The issue is that beam effectiveness is linear with
distance. Shell fire is not. So, I've been looking at ways of
representing that.

Variable range bands.  First band is, say, 12"; second is 8"; third is
4".  Or something like that.

>The other issue is that Full Thrust is a slow paced game. Actually,
it's not
the pace that's slow, it's the amount of time it takes to kill a big
ship. If
you make Russo-Japanese war battleships equivalent in hull boxes to an
FT
battleship, you'd be the better part of a weekend trying to play out
Tsushima.

I'd be using 4-6 players, but I wouldn't be dismayed by reducing the
number of hull boxes.  I guess the question would be, how many hits
would it take on average to do these guys in?

Prev: Re: '20s boats - was Re: DLD's latest conniving plan.... Next: Re: FT Tsushima (was Re: Fighters)