Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...

FT Tsushima (was Re: Fighters)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 12:36:37 -0500
Subject: FT Tsushima (was Re: Fighters)

On Sat, 4 May 2002 09:18:11 -0400, "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

>BTW someone has done FT Tsushima (or FT Jutland)--what URL?  I need to
>ease the local naval gamers into FT.

I've been working on it, actually, for a number of years. I've stalled
out on
it right now. The issue is that beam effectiveness is linear with
distance.
Shell fire is not. So, I've been looking at ways of representing that.

The other issue is that Full Thrust is a slow paced game. Actually, it's
not
the pace that's slow, it's the amount of time it takes to kill a big
ship. If
you make Russo-Japanese war battleships equivalent in hull boxes to an
FT
battleship, you'd be the better part of a weekend trying to play out
Tsushima.

I have a system, right now, that sort of works as pre-dreadnought combat
and
still looks a lot like FT. Unfortunately, to make it more accurate as a
pre-dreadnought game I have to move it away from FT...

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...