Prev: RE: B5 Ship Figures (was: Glenn Wilson) Next: Re: Non Fighter Post

re: RE: [FT] Fighters

From: "David Reeves"<davidar@n...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:22:14 -0400
Subject: re: RE: [FT] Fighters

Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:56:26 +1000
From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>
Subject: RE: [FT] Fighters

[snip]

Fighter dogfights already work like this.
Torp/Attack: 6 = 1 kill + reroll.
Standard fighters / PDS: 4-5= 1 kill, 6 = 2 kills + reroll.
Interceptors: 3-4 = 1 kill, 5 = 2 kills, 6 = 2 kills + reroll.

If you haven't been using this mechanic, then no wonder you think
fighters
are overpowered.

> Having a half-range B1 that can't be killed beyond 6" away, and can't
be
> killed unless it's actually attacking you, sucks royally.
Simply house rule it that any fighters in range can be attacked by PDS.
ADFC is still useful, as it extends your effective PDS range by 6" to
help
other ships.

<<<<<<<<<<

[ momentarily surfacing from B5 FT rules writing & playtesting... ]

we also use the rule that PDS may fire at *any* fighter.  we also
reduced a
fighters weapons range to 3".  the rest is fleet tactics.

if larger ships are screened by escorts, now fighters must "run the
gauntlet" to get a shot at a big, juicy target.  to counter this,
stripping
escorts out of the enemy formation become more of a priority.  fighter
CAP
also has more importance as well.  try this and see what it does for
your
group.	the changes are not huge, but our group like the new results and
feel.

Dave

Prev: RE: B5 Ship Figures (was: Glenn Wilson) Next: Re: Non Fighter Post