Prev: Re: [FT] Fighters - some thoughts Next: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

Re: FB designs & fighters

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 21:41:04 -0400
Subject: Re: FB designs & fighters

>From Brian Bilderback:

> If the current designs are valid within the context of facing other
current
> designs, then no change seems necessary.

For FB vs. FB consistency no change is _necessary_ to maintain internal
balance, but that is not the question. The question in my mind is
whether
the system as a whole is consistent and balanced.

> If the changes are intended to
>make the current designs more useful against more advanced/optimized
>designs, then the changes skew the rules.

The changes are to make the design system more consistent. It has the
added
bonus effect of allwing FB1 ships to fare better vs. some custom
designs,
but that is really only the accidental result of a better design system.
Doesn't it add _more_ variety to make Min-maxed ships able to play vs
the FB
ships (and the other way around)?

Prev: Re: [FT] Fighters - some thoughts Next: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility