Prev: RE: Glenn Wilson Next: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 09:33:55 -0400
Subject: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

Indy wrote:

> MxConnell@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I'm gearing up for SG in 15mm. So far I've uncovered Brigade, DLD, and
Stan
>>Johansen.
>>
>>Are there any other manufacturers of merit?
>>According to web stats the DLD are slightly larger than the Brigade,
are they
>>compatible on the table?
>>Stan Johansen's site list no stats plus have fuzzy photos. Any
comments on
>>quality and compatibility with the other two I've mentioned?
>>

> I don't know Stan Johansen's stuff, so can't comment. I do like both
> the Brigade and DLD minis, although the DLD ones are larger than
> Brigades (the way I see it is that what might be a size class 3
> DLD vehicle is more like a size class 4 vehicle when compared to
> Brigades - so my Kamodo APC carries a bit more in the way of troops
> than my Hanit APC :-).
>
> For very inexpensive alternative options, there is currently a line
> of GIJoe combat vehicles put out by Matchbox or Taimya (sp?) or
> somebody like that. They range from $0.98 to $1.98 USD, and so far
> I've only found them at Wal-Marts and a couple of KayBee Toys. For
> the 15mm stuff, the smaller scale Abrams tank is quite compatible with
> Brigade's Haifa II heavy tank. The smaller scale (by this I mean the
> $0.98 vehicles) Bradley is similar in size to DLD's Kamodo APC.
>
> Some day, when I have more time, I'll finish painting my DLD and
Brigade
> minis, take photos, and post them on my website for all to see and
> compare. I'll throw in the GIJoe vehicles, too, for fun.
>
> Mk

Maitso actually.  http://www.maisto.com

I've got pics of the 4.5" LAV and the 3" Bradley at:
http://www.wombatzone.com/gallery.html

I think they look just about perfect.  Then again, I'm lazy.  "Already
assembled? Check. Right size? Check. Already painted green? Check. Ok,
done."

--

Prev: RE: Glenn Wilson Next: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility