Prev: Non Fighter Post Next: Fighters vs. non-fighters doctrine

Re: Fighters

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:27:28 -0700
Subject: Re: Fighters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Walker" <sage@chartermi.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 3:47 PM

> Adjusting the rules doesn't mean that is being done strictly for any
> particular group of ships.  The systems mentioned above and their
> interaction with each other might be part of the problem.

> I'd rather balance the rules around the FB ships for one main reason -
> to provide an "out of the box" solution for players.	If a player not
> only has to master the rules but a ship design system as well to have
> chance in a game I find this a bad thing.

Um... at risk of flaming... too bad.  That's part of the point of the
game:
it's SUPPOSED to be generic and able to support custom designs without a
hitch.	If you don't want to bother with the design system.... go ahead
and
ignore it!  Play with the FB1 ships and don't worry about it!  There's
nothing wrong with that!

I, on the other hand, have been playing with the custom design system
for
years and have derived countless hours of enjoyment, and at the moment I
generally tend to ignore that there are example designs in there at all.
don't care about them.	At all.  I've left the Tuffleyverse behind
altogether and am out exploring on my own... and to put it a little
tongue-in-cheek, I greatly resent the rumblings I'm hearing from those
who
stayed behind that I need to come back and genuflect at the altar of the
great almighty gawd known as "Fieturz Artoo Powurfull".  I'm not a
believer
whatsoever.

Prev: Non Fighter Post Next: Fighters vs. non-fighters doctrine