Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: Fighters

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 23:40:33 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighters

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 03:32:13PM -0700, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>Errr.... that was a rhetorical question... my point was that the rules
>should not be adjusted to favor poor designs, rather to allow those
designs
>to be improved upon.

The distinction is that in the real world we have an absolute arbiter of
what was a relatively good design. In the FBs, the _only_ thing to give
relative values to designs is the rule system.

Right now fighters are (IMHO anyway) over-powerful _in relation to their
points cost_, particular in large numbers (because the Nth fighter
squadron gives you more extra hitting power than the (N-1)th did). I
should be entirely happy to see a rule change which made fighter power
approximately linear with point value, and I cannot see any reason to
argue against such a thing. (We can argue over what that point value
should be, if you like... :-)

Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity