Prev: RE: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: Fighters

RE: Re: Fighters

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 12:18:50 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: Fighters

laserlight wrote:

>Well, there's a difference between "not optimized" and "not usable".
Brit
>ships in WW2 weren't optimized for combat but they still were useful.

True, but I haven't heard that the FB1 designs were useless, just
inferior.
Would you play a WWII ship combat game that skewed the rules in favor of

Brit ships, or US ships, or any other power, rather than reflect the
reality
of the day?

> >[free to change rules to suit yourself] is also true of a game set in
the
>Tuffleyverse, and I see no reason to change the rules to suit that
specific
>setting.
>
>That doesn't address tournaments, conventions, pickup games, or people
who
>like the background and/or don't like to tinker.

No, but neither does readjusting the rules to suit them serve anyone
else
very well.  Perhaps a set of rules specific to the tuffleyverse would
make a
good supplement, or optional rules, but any changes to the core system
that
makes them integral would still be something I'd hate to see.

> >One option that someone mentioned is to allow PDS and ADFC to defend
>against multiple fighter groups.  I'm starting to warm to that idea.
>
>Ah!  Okay, so would you just say "PDS as is, but applies to all inbound

>attacks", or would you tweak anything?

I don't know.  I didn't say I totally favor the idea or am espousing it
yet,
I haven't even fully considered it (haven't had time since I've been at
work
since it was mentioned),  I just said I'm WARMING to it.

>Note that any changes need not be "standard", ie they could be just as
>optional as Wave Guns.

THAT is the best comment I've heard yet regarding them.

3B^2

Prev: RE: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: Fighters