Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: RE: Re: Another tack on fighters

RE: Re: Another tack on fighters

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:24:47 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: Another tack on fighters

From: Flak Magnet flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com
>Nothing that turns me off to the game, but
it certainly makes me want to develop some rules for running a campaign
in which players are forced to do evolutionary ship design...

Try this:
a. Everyone starts with 5 ship classes and spends their money/production
points to buy these.
b. The SSDs and quantity of each class are published to all players.
c. Each player may now design one variant for each class, changing up to
10% of the mass of weapons, sensors or defense systems.  Hull, drives
and armor must remain the same.  Up to 1/3 of the ships in the class may
be changed to the variant at no charge.
d. Variant SSDs are published to all players--number in service is not
published.
e. Campaign starts.
f. the first ship of a new design class takes 3 times as long and costs
3 times as much as succeeding ships.
g. refitting new systems to existing ships costs 200% of the system.

Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: RE: Re: Another tack on fighters