Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: Re: Fighter limits

Re: [OT] Airbrushes - Long, but there's a picture!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:35:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Airbrushes - Long, but there's a picture!

On 02 May 2002 09:50:20 -0400, Flak Magnet
<flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com> wrote:

>Unrelated to airbrushing:  If
>you use distilled water to water down your paints for washes, you ought
>to not have the "stain" from a wash quite so bad.

That and the proper stuff, like you mentioned earlier that doesn't dry
very
quickly, would probably do the trick... Hmmm...

I have done some airbrushing. The effects weren't bad, but I didn't get
the
shadowing detail I really wanted due to being ultra careful not to mess
up the
airbrush work that I'd done.

Your armoured car looks very good! I don't know if I have the necessary
control with my airbrush. I have a Badger 150 dual action. I was going
to go
for an Aztek, but I don't use the airbrush enough to justify the cost.
The
Badger's finest tip and needle combination is a little finer than the
best out
of the Aztek, at least as far as my research could see. I think I'd
probably
get more use out of a compressor, as I'm stuck using cans of air right
now.

The results on the scout car look great. I'd assume it's a pretty fast
paint
job, too. I also liked how you did the corner of the base for
identification
purposes. That looks good without detracting from the model.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: Re: Fighter limits