Prev: FB designs & fighters Next: Re: Another tack on fighters

Re:

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 03 May 2002 08:51:02 -0400
Subject: Re:

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 16:24, Noam Izenberg wrote:

> Roger Books wrote:
> Limit the number of fighters than can attack a ship in one turn.
>
> Flak Magnet:
> Which seems realistic (as opposed to arbitrary) when you consider that
> the different flights of fighters have to worry about co-ordinating
> their fire and vectors in order be able to do significant damage.
>
> If you want _this_ bit of realism, fighters should have an
> easier/tougher time attacking a ship based on the other fire it's
> taking  from (and dishing out to) missiles and other ships. If you
don't

> then you're being arbitrary about the level of 'realism' you wish to
> employ and reject.
>
>   If
> one flight screws up another's vector then you have both flights
> breaking formation, not making attack runs and generally getting hosed
> out of the sky by ship anti-fighter defenses.
>
> On the '20 minute turn' granularity of FT, that still seems arbitrary.

I'll agree there... I don't have a good handle on the FT rules, having
only read them and tried them out by myself to ensure I think I know how
they work...  So I had forgotten the 20 minute	turn.

+++SNIPPED alternate suggestion that sounds like it would work very
well, allowing higher morale forces to use more fighters more
effectively+++

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: FB designs & fighters Next: Re: Another tack on fighters