Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Re: RE: [OT] Etymology of Chobham

RE: Another tack on fighters

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:58:11 +1000
Subject: RE: Another tack on fighters

G'day,

> If the fighters are overpowering vs FB1 ships, is it because:
>   A) FB1 ships don't carry enough PD?
>   B) The fighter-vs-ship attack rolls are too good?  (ie they have a
> higher hit rate than the PDs.)
>   C) The PDs don't do enough damage to fighters/ect.?
>   D) Is it some combination of the above?
>   E) Or is it really down to player tactics/ship
> designs/random results?

It depends on how you like to play. If you like playing like Eric's
group
does then its E, other playing styles will say its more a matter of D,
though even then it is a breakpoint issue. Even numbers of fighter
groups or
a few fighters on one side (upto about 5 if I remember correctly) is
fine
even with absolutely as is FB, its when you getter higher differences
between the fighter compliments (say about 10, though these numbers are
hazy
guesses as I don't have my stuff with me) of the two sides that FB
designs
don't seem to make good anti-fighter sense (the same can be said about
missiles in some cases, but to a lesser degree). The various optional
rules
and the design your own stuff will move where these breakpoints (5/10
etc)
are, and so some groups won't feel there is a problem, while others will
feel its a whopping problem.

Cheers

Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Re: RE: [OT] Etymology of Chobham