Prev: New gamer Next: Re: New gamer

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 22:33:25 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Flak Magnet schrieb:
> I had considered that, but if a ship you're "shadowing"
> in the bow arc
> pulls a high-thrust maneuver you're going to have to
> bring your
> thrusters in line to compensate, swinging your fighter
> around in the
> process... It's always harder to "follow from the front".
>
> Keep in mind that a fighter doesn't want to obtain a
> static relative position to an enemy ship, because then it's toast.

> The fighter has to dart and weave, and that means accellerating and
> decellerating relative to the target ship.  Something that's harder
> accomplish when you're not following or to the side.

Doesn't really feel rihgt. Thikning from a cinematic point of view (no,
not cinematic movement, rather the cinema effect) with a dash of real
air fighter tactics. fighters would be making firing passes across the
ship, front to rear or from side to side. So keeping them in one arc is
"unrealistic" anyway. Arguning further, it generally is easier to
attack either the front or the rear of a plane - mainly because of the
difficulty of deflection shooting.

Anyway, all this is just so much PSB - just keep it simple, limit
number of fighters per attacked ship, if you think that would solve the
problem.

Greetings

Prev: New gamer Next: Re: New gamer