Prev: Re: DS2: Battle of Bloody Bridge Next: Dremel foot pedel (was Paint Agitation)

Re: POLIZEI

From: "Alan E Brain"<aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:53:40 +1000
Subject: Re: POLIZEI

>POLITI (Norwegian?) and POLIZEI got jammed up in my aging  rain and
>became POLITZEI, i guess.

Dutch POLITIE IIRC.

BTW "Bundespolizei" would have been preferrable to "Staatspolizei".
Because
the latter is too close to "Geheimestaatspolizei" or GeStaPo of unhappy
memory.

BTW when in Germany I rather panicked when a helo labelled
"KATASTROFENSCHUTZ" landed in a carpark near me.
"Catastrophe" has rather a stronger meaning in English
than in German. ( in Australia the equivalent would
be "Emergency Services" ). So some subtleties can catch
the best of us out.

Prev: Re: DS2: Battle of Bloody Bridge Next: Dremel foot pedel (was Paint Agitation)