Prev: RE: Paint agitation Next: Re: DS2: Battle of Bloody Bridge

RE: DS2: Battle of Bloody Bridge

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:05:37 +1000
Subject: RE: DS2: Battle of Bloody Bridge

G'day Tom,

> 1. Can vehicles close-assault infantry by themselves? We said yes (let
them use their APSWs as infantry fired back with their IAVRs).

Fuzzy line there as it says vehicles can 'support'... so may be they're
'supporting' they're internal crews. So I'd say yes - given DS states
vehicles in close assaults use fire APSWs.

> If so, should being assaulted by tanks give the defender a similar mod
their
> confidence test to being attacked by PA?

May be. At first I thought yes and then I thought may be not as tanks
aren't
as agile as PA.

> 2. Can vehicles be close-assualted by infantry?

If you define specific spots/tanks to attack, maybe define a location
and if
there happens to be a vehicle sitting on said spot....

> If so, shouldn't being in armour give the defenders some
> positive mods to their confidence test? Watching size 4 GEVs
> run from PA was funny, but perhaps very much too easy.

Well PA assaulted by line infantry don't get any bonuses, so maybe
vehicles
shouldn't either.

> 3. Should odds factor into your morale tests for CA? 1 lone PA stand
> attacking a tank formation shouldn't be as effective as 8 of them.....

I would've only allowed a single stand to attack a single tank, not the
entire formation. How you allocate attacks after that, whether they all
mob
one (and thus numbers counting comes back into play) or they spread out
(like CC in SG) is more open unless you've defined a single location to
attack (which DS says you should really do).

> 4. If you are under fire, the ONLY thing that seems to effect is
> movement. You can still shoot unmolested and with no activation roll
> right? (including reaction fire?)

As far as I can remember, but its been a while since I played a lot of
DS.

> 5. Reaction fire seems automatic. Should it maybe have a check?
> Otherwise whoever gets in position first has automatic death
> dealing to the other guy. Especially if the unit RFing is "under
fire"?

I'm having a complete mental blank... reaction fire? Do you mean
opportunity
fire?

> 6. If you have shaken infantry, and they want to CA an enemy, do they
> make both their "reaction test for being shaky" and a "close assault
> initiation test"?

I've always assumed it was covered in the TL+3 for the CA test.

> 7. What happens if you are shaky and try to do something and blow your
> reaction roll? (moving towards enemy)? Do you do nothing or
> just can you not do _that_ and instead do something like fire? The
> Reaction Roll rule says you don't follow the order... but what does
> that mean?

I've always treated it like blowing an Under Fire test... you can't do
that
CA or move. If it was a move action and you haven't already done a
combat
action and you have valid targets then you could still do a combat
action.

> We had fun. I look forward to integrating artillery, command units,
> smoke, and some things like GMS/P or L or APSW to give the
> infantry some teeth. And figuring out Under Fire/Reaction Tests
better.

You'll find it plays a bit different once you've done that... less CAing
with infantry unless they're dug-in ;)

Have fun!

Prev: RE: Paint agitation Next: Re: DS2: Battle of Bloody Bridge