Prev: Re: [OT] Airbrushes was: Re: Moderation Next: Paint agitation

RE: [OT]Stupid question about sloped armour

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:24:37 -0600
Subject: RE: [OT]Stupid question about sloped armour

That phenomenon is known as "spall" and most armoured vehicles are
equipped with spall liners to catch such fragments.  I believe that this
a big problem in APC's with aluminum armor vs. steel armor in that
aluminum spalls worse than steel and so is a big debate in the weight
savings vs. armor protection arena.

--Binhan