Prev: RE: [OT]Stupid question about sloped armour Next: Re: FMA Muppets

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 09:16:26 -0700
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

>From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@acd.net>

>Well, I have had the thought of simulating Launch Tubes, Catapults ect.
by
>adding some extra accelleration to the fighter group's first turn
>accelleration.  Problem here, is FT fighters don't move like that....So
how
>about by adding some extra move for the first turn, or add an extra
combat
>endurance?

I didn't plan on making the Ops deck give any additional abilities, just
the
decrease in mass for the fighters.  Which brings me to another question:

Assuming that I want powerful fighters, and powerful dedicated carriers,
but
not rely solely on fighters (the soap bubble strategy, is that what it's

called?), what is a good number of fighter squadrons for a CUSTOM
carrier to
carry?

This is assuming in the standard bays, the fighters are using some
>of their own fuel/supplies to launch.	The Tubes would be a separate
system
>on
>the ship sheet, and could be damaged like any other system.

Agreed.

>My other favorite type of carrier is to park the fighters on the
outside of
>the
>ship.	This way, the carrier can launch or land it's entire complement
each
>turn.	The bad side, is the fighters would be exposed to any attacks
that
>damaged the carrier (after shields, before armor?)

Actually that method sounds more like a good PSB that's easily simulated
by
the standard rules for fighters, and I don't see a need to add the
exposed
fighter rule.

3B^2

Prev: RE: [OT]Stupid question about sloped armour Next: Re: FMA Muppets