Prev: Re: Armour Piercing 201 (Advanced Ceramics) Next: Re: Chupacabra ? was: [GZG AARs]

Re: Armour Piercing 201 (Advanced Ceramics)

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:38:56 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Armour Piercing 201 (Advanced Ceramics)

Quoting Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>:
> Your "cermaic fragments and steel absorbs" reminds me of the "Plastic
> Armour"
> of the dark days in 1940.
>
> From: http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/concrete.html

> It worked because the gravel tilted on impact, pivoting inside the
> asphalt
> matrix and inducing keyholing by the bullet, which spent its kinetic
> energy
> going sideways instead of straight in. The mild steel backing flexed
> inward,
> spreading the shock over a wide area and thus preventing penetration.

Cool. I'd not come across that before.

Learn new something every day...

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions
katie@fysh.org katie.lucas@parasolsolutions.com
http://www.parasolsolutions.com

Prev: Re: Armour Piercing 201 (Advanced Ceramics) Next: Re: Chupacabra ? was: [GZG AARs]