Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: A thought about points systems

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 04:47:44 -0400
Subject: Re: A thought about points systems

Scott Watts wrote:

> Back when the original AH Squad Leader came out in 1977, John Hill
included
> a cool scenario designer lnk to a deck of standard playing.
>
> Each player drew a playing card and matched it to chart that gave a
> pregenerated force. So if I drew a "10" I might get a short company
and no
> support. My opponent would then draw maybe "2" and get a full infantry
> company with massive support. Other cards were drawn for victory
conditions.

> The sides were rarely "evenly matched" but the games were challenging.

That is one way to play the random scenario generator.	And it could
certainly
produce some highly imbalanced games.

I was under the impression that the defense was randomly generated from
the
deck of cards and the offense was bid upon using the points system.  The
low
bidder took the offense.  I can dig out my SL rules to check.

Jon

Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity