Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: RE: Dune

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 13:15:55 +0900
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Are you saying the rules are broken, or just that being swarmed by
fighters
is not good for ships without fighter defenses?

A surface navy squadron without air defense would be at a serious
disadvantage if attacked by a single carrier with a thousand (have to be
pretty big carrier, I suppose...) fighters from a long way away.

In a tactical game I can see where this type of result would piss you
off,
but in real life (as much as real life has anything to do with Full
Thrust)
it means you forgot to provide sufficient cover for your assets.

If you HAD planned on being swarmed and designed for it, you would have
had
a good chance of taking out not only his fighters, but his carrier as
well.
So in a strategic game this would merely be the first step in a
move-and-counter ladder of changing tactics.

--
Laws die, books never.
- Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: RE: Dune