Prev: Re: OT: Documented source of the U.S. Army's use of of Smallpox Next: RE: Andromeda

Re: Dune

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:07:07 -0700
Subject: Re: Dune

I liked the miniseries better. The two odd things about the miniseries
are as such.

First, the production style is that of a stage production being filmed.
Special effects and battle scenes are placed between character and
dialog scenes. There are a few fight scenes in the character segments,
but mostly knife duels.

The other odd thing is that they tweaked some of the characters, notably

Princess Irulan , who gets more lines and plays a bigger part. She
didn't have much of a role in the series, so they're increasing her
invovlement.

Beyond those two things it's a splendid adaption of a difficult story.
Definitely check it out.

They are also doing another miniseries to cover the second and third
books (Messiah and Children) which is in preproduction now.

Tony Francis wrote:

>Oddly enough I preferred the film to the TV series - the former had
much better battle scenes (IMO, of course).