Prev: Re: 40k conversion? Next: [OT] The last word on this from me

Re: Gunmetal

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:26:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Gunmetal

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Tomb wrote:

> Gunmetal:
>
> I've used #53 from Humbrol (an oil-based gunmetal) and I _still_ think
> it is the best gunmetal I've ever used. I've used Tamiya Gunmetal, but
> find it too dark for my taste. I've got Armory paints, I've got RP
> Paints, I've got other Testers, Tamiya and Humbrol paints, but that
one
> little can of #53 is my favorite.

I like the Humbrol enamel (sp?) 53 as well - it's a really nice
dark-metallic paint. 'Stinky' paints get the best metallics, I've found.
The acrylic silvers & golds I've used don't have the lustre of the
enamels.

Even if you're mostly an acrylic painter, getting some of the Humbrol
metallics & a small jar of paint thinner is something I'd recommend!
(Ditto for Humbrol's whites and yellows, actually - much better
single-coat coverage that most acrylics.)

You can mix'n'match enamals, acrylics, and inks on the same figure,
providing the paints are all dry before you add the next one. Most of my
figures - esp. the more recent ones - have mixed paint & ink types on
them.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html -