Prev: Re: Killfile: Was all sorts of rants and ramblings regarding free speech, rants, mo Next: RE: Andromeda

Re: Killfile: Was all sorts of rants and ramblings regarding free speech, rants, mo

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:43:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Killfile: Was all sorts of rants and ramblings regarding free speech, rants, mo

Brian Bilderback wrote:
> Ok, for those of us still in the computer dark ages, will someone
explain to
> me what a killfile is and how to use it?

Oh, sorry.  I get wrapped up in the vocabulary, being the geek that I
am.
(8-)

A 'killfile' is actually a term I'm borrowing from news readers.
It's essentially a 'filter.'  For most traditional UNIX news readers,
what you could do was hit a key so that all the posts in a certain
subject
or from a certain person would be marked as 'deleted' so you would
never see them.  If you wanted to do so permanently, the information for
the filter was kept in a 'killfile.'

JGH

--
*** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan ***
	  "Up, up and away, away from me -- It's alright...

Prev: Re: Killfile: Was all sorts of rants and ramblings regarding free speech, rants, mo Next: RE: Andromeda