Prev: Kicking vs comments....Re: [OT] Goodbye to John was Re: Mr. Szabo's utter inability to think clearly or hold any moral standards Next: Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 29 Apr 2002 14:43:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

I am not for moderation when it takes the form of censorship, or when
it's done secretly.

I am for moderation when it keeps personal attacks and flame-wars from
ocurring unchecked.  It requires the selection of good and reasonable
people to moderate, as well as clear-cut and easy to understand rules of
behavior.

As far as nettiquette, I am no Mr. Manners, but I think I do my share.
My favorite ploy is to ask someone to take an issue off-list while
promptly killfiling the git.

I run a list for all genres or micro-scale gaming... I don't control the
type of language used (though the into states that "Swearing isn't
prohibited, but it does make you look stupid.  It's your choice.") or
the topics.  What I do step in on (as the guy "hosting" the list) is
rude behavior that *I* feel reaches the level of disruption.

But that's the thing... the list is somewhat small, and it's MY list
(though the members contribute more than I ever will) that Yahoo lets me
act like a host (as in party, not internet) on.  So I get to decide when
someone isn't invited anymore.	So far, no-one has been ejected except
for a porn-site spammer.

I'm not sure if all that made sense or even tied together well... but
there's my 10c.

--Flak Magnet

--

--Flak Magnet