Prev: RE: msg for Paul Owen; everyone else ignore please Next: Re: Gunmetal Paint

Re: Geohex/KR's departure

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:36:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Geohex/KR's departure

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:24:20 +0100, Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzg.keme.co.uk>
wrote:

>so even adding the
>carriage charges AND any duties you get levied by the Customs, you're
STILL
>getting it cheaper.....

If a Canadian's order is stopped at the border to have tax applied to it
(this
seems to be a hit or a miss type of thing, but more expensive items and
larger
items are more likely to get stopped), they add a $5 handling fee. This
is
true if it comes from the US or not. Likewise, the handling fee is for
the
priviledge of them adding GST (and, in Ontario, Provincial Sales Tax).
Again,
this will happen from a shipment from the US, too. The taxes are based
on the
item price, not the postage.

I found that it was almost always cheaper to buy directly from GZG than
order from the Geo-Hex, for the above reasons. Items from the US take
longer
to clear customs in Canada. GZG packages were less likely to get hit
with the
fees at the border.

One other neat thing to remember: GZG sells by the individual figure. If
you
want, oh, 7 of a particular SG2 figure you don't have to buy 7 packs of
three
just to get what you want.

At conventions, Geo-Hex was cheaper to buy from. I'm not sure what the
price
difference would be in the US. Shipping charges across the Atlantic are
higher
than shipping domestically in the US. I suspect that US customers won't
see a
big price hike, if any.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: RE: msg for Paul Owen; everyone else ignore please Next: Re: Gunmetal Paint