Prev: RE: Re: Geohex/KR's departure Next: in search of: DSII pics of....

Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

From: "Robert Minadeo" <raminad@e...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:35:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

OTOH I remember STNG being touted as Rodenberry's vision uncorrupted by
network suits. Hence Wesley Crusher, a character Rodenberry wanted in
the
original but was not allowed to include. Also Rodenberry's Federation
was
very averse to violence. It was apparently only at the behest of the
network
suits that ST had so many fight scenes.

Bob

> > that it very much was a military organization.
>
> Starfleet was a military operation in the pilot episodes - the
characters
> mention being involved in ground warfare led by the Captain. The
impression
> given (and meant to be given apparently) is that of a vessel whose
crew
double