Prev: RE: List Info Next: Re: [SG] Medics

RE: [OT] Sea Leopard

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [OT] Sea Leopard

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan M Gill wrote:
>
> >It seemed like your statement indicated that since
> the Chinese and
> >Koreans didn't have tanks, then the Japanese
> wouldn't have found them
> >useful. (the two to tango comment).
>
> Sorry, I merely meant to imply that Tank-on-tank
> combat was not likely to
> occur in Manchuria, regardless of how wide-open it
> was.

It did.  Japanese vs. Russia in 1939, where Georgi
Zhukov kicked a Japanese army around with the same
Siberians that would later ruin the Germans' day
outside Moscow.  While the Russians didn't have the
best tanks on the planet in that fight, they were more
than adequate to throw around anything the Japs could
produce.  Traumatized their tiny little minds so badly
that they never had the nerve to hassle the Ruskies
again, even when they should have in 1941.

> There were a lot of things the Japanese failed to
> develop properly, many of
> which would have been much more useful than a better
> tank.

Reliable machine guns would have been a good start.

John