Prev: Re: OT: Other Miniature Games Next: Re: [SG2] close combat

Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:45:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:48:44 +0100 (BST), Phillip Atcliffe
<Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

>I'd agree. Remember that Andromeda the series is based on a Gene
>Roddenberry concept, and Gene had a thing about the military --
>"StarFleet is _not_ a military organisation", etc.

Okay, so the Andromeda everyone on here is talking about is that really
awful
sci-fi show with the guy who played Hercules, right? *

I don't think the "Starfleet is not a military organization" ruling was
Roddenberry's. I think it was Paramount's. The original Trek seemed to
show
that it very much was a military organization.

* It may not be _that_ awful. I caught the first episode and vowed to
stay
away from it. It might have gotten better... it wouldn't be easy to get
much
worse.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: OT: Other Miniature Games Next: Re: [SG2] close combat