Prev: RE: Almost time for Salute, curse you all! . . 25mm walkers Next: Re: Almost time for Salute

Re: Almost time for Salute

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:17:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Almost time for Salute

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:48:02 +0100, "Tony Francis"
<tony.francis@kuju.com>
wrote:

> I guess our mainstream shows are more about buying / selling than
gaming -
> around half of the games tend to be straight demonstration games
rather than
> participation ones anyway, so they are there to look at and admire
rather
> than join in.

That explains a lot. There seem to be fewer wargame clubs around here.
Talking
to people at conventions here, it's usually the time they get the most
gaming
in. If they game at all, it's usually with friends and family. That
would
explain why there's less emphasis on gaming at the British shows, if
there are
more wargames clubs and a greater chance to play games in general
throughout
the year.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: RE: Almost time for Salute, curse you all! . . 25mm walkers Next: Re: Almost time for Salute