Prev: List Info Next: RE: List Info

RE: Almost time for Salute

From: "Tony Francis" <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:48:02 +0100
Subject: RE: Almost time for Salute

I guess our mainstream shows are more about buying / selling than gaming
- around half of the games tend to be straight demonstration games
rather than participation ones anyway, so they are there to look at and
admire rather than join in.

My club have developed a system of making our participation games of
fixed length, so that we can get people to join in knowing how long
they'll be there and when they'll be finished. Usually we opt for an
hour, and the scenarios are along the lines of "you have a limited
amount of time to capture the enemy leader / destroy the Rebel
transports / clear the village of VC / drive a path to the other end of
the table". We find that people are happier joining in a game that they
know won't eat too much into their shopping time ...

Prev: List Info Next: RE: List Info