Prev: RE:[OT] Transporting Figures - new case design Next: Re: RP Trees was Re: [OT] Sea Leopard

Re: [ Way OT but babbling anyway...] Chi-ha

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:58:45 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [ Way OT but babbling anyway...] Chi-ha

Quoting Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>:

> Singapore is still fairly painful for any Australian to discuss in an
> objective fashion. Some troops - British, Indian and Australian -
> fought very well. But most - British, Indian and Australian - didn't.
> Percieval's performance was less than stellar*, but the basic problem
> was twofold: his troops and officers were stuck in a quiet sector
> away from the action in Europe, and just weren't combat effective.

I have it on reasonably good authority that the Brits spent quite a lot
of
their time getting really, really, really good at Mah-Jong. Certainly my

grandfather was pretty good at it and that's where he claimed he
learned...

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: RE:[OT] Transporting Figures - new case design Next: Re: RP Trees was Re: [OT] Sea Leopard