Prev: Re: OT: Star Map... Next: Re: Army fig Transporters

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1079

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:07:38 EDT
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1079

Well...

    I found for my Mechs from Battletech & Some of my Necumbda figs ,
Plastic
Car Carriers for Hot Wheel, Matchbox etc... work nicely...   Currently,
aquire a 48 car (24 per side, with a "2 car space in themiddle" that
only set
me back $5 and then if something needs padding I go to the dollor Store
and
buy Sponges.

    These also work for Armor units as well.

DOC Agren
In a message dated 4/14/02 5:44:15 PM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

<< From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@fysh.org>
Subject: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame)

Which leads me onto another question: anyone recommend a good place to
get
portable storage for minatures?

Suppose someone has, ohhhhh, best part of a billion miniatures they need
home
and could do with a not-to-expensive storage system. The magnetic ones
would
be
a pain (rebasing everything), making boxes would take AGES and not all
of the
stuff is human-sized (walkers, tanks, things like that).

I've got a bundle of carry cases that are "absolutely not the same as
the ones
GW used to sell for about 3x the price". It would be nice to get all my
figures
stored in the SAME type of boxes...

[We are talking a LOT of figures here. 2 companies of WH40K space
marines;
suitable Genestealer opposition, millions and millions of fantasy
figures.]

If they were all in the same type of box at least it would all /stack/.

And not-too-expensive would be good as well, since I'll need a few of
them...

Cheers!!

______
_
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions
katie@fysh.org katie.lucas@parasolsolutions.com
http://www.parasolsolutions.com

Prev: Re: OT: Star Map... Next: Re: Army fig Transporters