Prev: Re: Blimp Bombing Next: Re: Blimp Bombing

Re: [DS] Airships

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:28:01 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] Airships

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
> G'day guys,
>
> Well I've definitely decided airships are joining the ranks of the
forces
> employed by Avalon Inc (my Pa = knights, tanks look like WWI ones
etc).

> Design: modular vehicle with two size class 7 "balloon/propulsion"
modules,
> 4 size 3 (or 4) "gun/lad" modules in between the two propulsion
modules
and
> a class 5 module slung underneath (for the "bombs", EW etc) so from
the
side
> you get the view
>
>   <balloon/propulsion module>
>   <balloon/propulsion module>
>    <bomb bay, "bridge etc>

Possibly more balloon modules, to simulate separate gas cells

> ARMOUR: minimal (maybe 1 or 2????)

I would suggest no armour for the balloon modules - at least if want to
stay
"realistic" ;-)
Armour for the weaponry etc. could be heavier.

> An airship hitting impassable weather systems must try and
ascend/descend
> get around them. For each turn they remain in the impassable weather
system
> 5 damage chits are pulled (all valid) and applied to a randomly
determined
> module, roll a D12 and use the following table:
> 1 = front gun module
> 2 = port gun module
> 3 = starboard gun module
> 4 = rear gun module
> 5 = ventral module
> 6-9 = upper balloon/propulsion module
> 10-12 = lower balloon/propulsion module

I would even tend to make it something like: roll D6, on a 1, it's a
gun,
bomb etc. module - reroll for which one., otherwise a balloon module

> If either balloon/propulsion module is damaged then the airship
movement
is
> reduced by half and its morale drops to BR.

If you use more modules, reduce the effect of the first hit, perhaps
make
movement one terrain class more difficult,

> IF any module is destroyed, roll a D6: 1 = airship immediately
explodes,

Only if you are using hydrogen for lift. Or are you thinking about an
engine
fuel explosion ?

> 2-3  = fast leak, D6 turns of effectiveness left, 4-6 = slow leak, D12
turns of
> effectiveness left.
>
> Altitudes:
> Low mode = can engage ground targets with "guns" in addition to
bombing,
> troops exiting the airship do so immediately under it (they exited via
ropes
> etc)

And can be engaged by ground forces.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Blimp Bombing Next: Re: Blimp Bombing