Prev: Re: SoA Slingshot CD index problem? Next: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

Re: Battle blimps

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:32:03 EDT
Subject: Re: Battle blimps

In a message dated 4/18/02 11:46:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
books@jumpspace.net writes:

> I'm going to have to disagree with you here.	Poking their fingers
> inside high precision instruments is what sailors do, it's their
> job.	Soldiers drag their equipment back to the depot.  Airmen
> black box things and let private companies fix it as it can be
> flown back from the airport.	When you are at see for six months
> you fix it.  Techy type jobs are what the vast majority of
> sailors do.
>
> And no, I'm not saying other forces can't fix things, just that
> sailors can start with the machine shop on the ship (or the
> electronics shop) and build what they need.  If they don't know
> how to design it one of the officers who is an engineer will
> design it.
>
> Roger Books

I'll have to second Roger. Even on a small ship like mine, we could and
did
engineer around things when there were problems. Only point I'd make is
that
in some of the more technical fields, like electronics, its likely one
of the
enlisted crew is closer to an engineer than one of the officers. Most
officers with engineering skills are mechanical engineers.

John Rebori ETN2 (Discharged)
USN 1976 - 1982
ex-USS Pegasus PHM-1

Prev: Re: SoA Slingshot CD index problem? Next: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps