Prev: B5 Cruiser Next: SG/FMA 1/12 Scale

RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:02:14 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

On Thursday, April 18, 2002 8:54 PM, Bell, Brian K (Contractor)
[SMTP:Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil] wrote:
> Am I reading the rules wrong?
>
> I thought that the asterisk (*) doubles the impact roll on major
> hits, but were still considered small arms (i.e. not heavy
> weapons -- RFAC/1, MDC/5, etc.). And thus were more effective
> against armor than weapons without an asterisk, but leff effective
> than heavy weapons.
>
> My reading would also explain the value of strength 1 heavy weapons
> when the rating of asterisk weapons often seem higher.

The asterix (*) denotes it can be used as a dedicated point fire weapon;
hence on a minor hit it does base damage and on a major hit, does double
damage, AGAINST ANY ARMOUR VALUE.
Normal small arms fire against point targets; on a minor hit causes
suppression, on a major hit does base damage against armour 0 and 1
vehicles
only (don't have my books handy for exact quotes).

This is a major distinction, which is why only a couple of infantry
weapons
are marked so; IAVR, GMS/P, AutoGL etc.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

Prev: B5 Cruiser Next: SG/FMA 1/12 Scale