Prev: RE: Battle blimps Next: RE: Brian's KV

Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:19:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:40:29PM +1000, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>I was actually inspired to the question by one of Lachy's comments when
we
>found out he's red-green colour blind this week. We got into discussing
what
>restrictions that has re: future careers and he responded that with
modern
>tech why should it matter couldn't they change the settings like we do
when
>he plays some games on my work pc.
>
>However, given the problems of supply and "general issue" I do take
your
>point!

Also keeping the things useful - the sergeant needs to be able to say
"this new information is being displayed in red" and know that the
troops know what he means.

It's like the Russian tank units; never mind how good you are, if you're
over 5'8" (?) you can't join. With a sufficiently large population, this
doesn't impair quality all that much... and lets you put on a bit more
armour where you would have put headroom.

Prev: RE: Battle blimps Next: RE: Brian's KV